Code of Ethics
All CPH professionals are entrusted with the duty of protecting, promoting and progressing the health of the public. In fulfilling this duty, you recognize that certification is a privilege that must be earned and maintained and that the protection of the public is a responsibility of the highest order. The following is the Code of Ethics which should be upheld by you. CPH professionals who intentionally or knowingly violate any provision of the Code of Ethics are subject to investigation and sanctions which may result in revocation of the certification.
- Place the safety and health of the public above all other interests.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty and fairness in all activities and strive for excellence in all matters of ethical conduct.
- Undertake work utilizing skills that ensure competent performance.
- Act truthfully and speak in good faith in an objective manner based on knowledge of facts and competence of subject matter.
- Protect confidential information that may bring harm to an individual or a community.
- Act in a timely manner in disseminating information that protects the health of the public.
- Act in a manner free of bias with regard to race/ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation/gender expression, disability or age, and respect the rights of individuals in the community.
- Accurately represent academic and professional qualifications.
- Maintain competency requirements through recertification.
- Acknowledge that the credential is the property of NBPHE.
- Uphold and abide by the policies and procedures required by NBPHE to remain in good standing.
- Use the NBPHE logo and credential as authorized by NBPHE.